Hey, you started exercising! Everything is going well, and there is no lack of ambition to reach the goal of being fitness. At this stage, it comes to seem that you have to insure the wave to not go too far when trying to get the benefits of exercise.
But, as the weeks go by, it becomes difficult to get off the couch to train – does that happen to you? Don’t worry: this is totally normal and can happen to anyone.
CREATING YOUR OWN MOTIVATION STRATEGY HELPS YOU STICK TO THE PLAN
1. VISUALIZE YOUR SUCCESS
The more something is imagined, the greater the chance of this idea becoming a reality. The same thing happens with personal goals . Want to lose weight? So, visualize your weight loss. Imagine the feeling of reaching this goal. Form a mental image of your future look.
To envision your goal and the results you want to achieve, use all your physical senses: how will it feel to touch your well-developed muscles? Begin to see, in your mind, the appearance of these muscles in the mirror!
Also use the power of language to motivate yourself: “I am capable, I am not afraid. I just need persistence, it will strengthen me. ” Program your mind for success. Doubting yourself is the easiest way to destroy your mental strength.
2. CUT BOREDOM AT THE ROOT
Your motivation and performance levels will fluctuate, and this is 100% normal! Sometimes, you will feel fit and energetic, and suddenly there is a great feeling of tiredness and despondency. This is not always related to physical factors: it may be the mind trying to trip up!
For these and other reasons, working out also has to be a pleasurable activity. In addition, you need to get some kind of positive result, otherwise your motivation will be shaken. Anyway: don’t let boredom arrive to stay! Make your workout more fun and varied. Here are some tips :
- Train with friends: training with friends is fun and gives motivation a boost. Whenever you can, schedule workouts with other people, so you’re less likely to give up on going! In addition to encouraging each other, exercise partners always boost morale when discouragement shows up.
- How about changing the air? You don’t always have to work out in the same place. Shake up the routine a little and train in different places: find a court, a different park, or even train in the home room to vary the environment.
- Choose the right song: the perfect beat can help you achieve maximum performance and motivate you to the right extent. Do you already have a favorite song or playlist for your workout time? Will that will! Press play to engage more and engage your emotions. Photos, videos or motivational phrases can also make a difference in terms of “willingness to train”.
3. TRAIN IN THE MORNING OR RIGHT AFTER WORK
As the day goes on, the weaker side of your personality gains strength: when we get home after a busy day and throw ourselves on the couch to relax, few things have the power to get us up. So, be smarter than your weak side: run or do strength training early in the morning!
In your case, is it impossible to train very early?
Then try to remove all obstacles that prevent you from training right after work. One suggestion is to pack the gym bag the night before and take it with you when you leave the house. So, after work, go straight to the gym or start running. After training, you will be so happy to have exercised that the feeling of playing on the couch and relaxing will be even better!
4. ACCEPT A CHALLENGE: FOLLOW A TRAINING PLAN
There is nothing better than the feeling of reaching your own fitness goals . Anyone who wants to continue exercising regularly needs new challenges. In that case, starting a new training plan is always a good idea.
Whether it’s a 12-week body weight training plan or a running plan, the important thing is to follow the plan with pleasure. Fun is key. The time for training is yours. Prioritize your health! Healthy body, healthy mind