Among the promises for the New Year , the goals related to the body usually repeat themselves : to take better care of health, to practice more physical activities and to get in shape. To start keeping up with your body, it is essential to have willpower, be persistent and carry out planning with discipline .
Try the activities available at the gym and choose the one that gives you the most pleasure . In addition to exercise, look for a nutritionist to work on food reeducation , a strong ally in weight loss. Always consult good professionals to monitor your path in the search for well-being and quality of life. Training and diet are personal matters, there is no magic formula. So, nothing to reproduce something seen on the internet: each case is unique.
Check out 15 to start the year at the right pace:
1) Time: saying you don’t have time to exercise is an excuse. Set priorities, mark the training time on the agenda as if it were a work appointment ;
2) Habit: in the first weeks you need to force yourself to follow a pre-established program ;
3) Keep the new behavior: follow the same routine and train at the same time of day – make changes to the schedule only after three months, otherwise the risk of abandoning the routine increases considerably. Once the habit is established, allow yourself a little more flexibility in your schedule ;
4) Sleep earlier and enjoy your night’s sleep more: consequently, you’ll be able to wake up earlier, eat better and gradually start adding a physical exercise routine, whether in the morning, at lunchtime or at night;
5) Set aside at least 30 minutes of your day that should be dedicated to improving your fitness ;
6) Planning: including physical activity on the agenda depends on good planning. Check in advance the time of day that you know is usually available;
7) Be sure to go to the gym (even if you are lazy!): When you hit that laziness and lack of motivation, go to the gym even if it is to talk, exchange ideas and see friends . The important thing is that the training schedule becomes a habit;
8) With some frequency, change your workouts and exercise routine: your body needs new challenges, and so does your mind. Try a new stimulus, try to practice different, fun and challenging activities ;
9) Try Cross Training , a combination of aerobic and strength training. Instead of running on the treadmill uninterruptedly for 30, 40 minutes, consider running for just 15 minutes and then performing strength exercises in the weight room before returning to the treadmill again;
10) Enjoy your favorite soundtrack: the music is a great motivator and has a positive effect on the brain. It makes your emotions respond favorably to exercise;
11) Find a physical activity that provides you with some kind of pleasure and challenge;
12) Wake up early: sleep is very important for your health, but waking up 30 minutes before you are used to exercising is worth the sacrifice ;
13) Keep a healthy diet: keep only nutritious food in the refrigerator and avoid buying products that may harm your diet;
14) The acquisition of the habit of exercising exercises brings us countless benefits: regulation of appetite, increase of disposition, energy and, perhaps, the greatest benefit of all, the guarantee of fulfilled duty ;
15) Think positive: be prepared for possible barriers and difficulties! Always have support in case you fail . Something unexpected can happen that changes plans and diverts us from our goals. Being aware of this will allow you to accept these disorders as part of the path and make life flow in the right direction.